Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Onwards!

OK, I'm over that whole "I can't do this" thing (for now... :-) ). Would be a bit silly to have a Landy sitting outside and be too scared to touch it, so I really have no choice but to just move forward.

Anyhooo...

Got a couple of things I want to do in the next few weeks, time and cash permitting.

* Still haven't done a complete oil change - I merely topped up what was there. So I've got to get around to doing that, and change the oil filter in the engine bay too.

* I've changed 3 out of 6 spark plugs. Doing the rest requires removing the bonnet, a task for which I haven't had the wherewithall up to now. Will pick a good day and get the darn things finished.

* The last trip back from our Mall Experience had me worried about a slight jerkiness - don't know if the oil change and spark plug completion will help, but I suspect the timing needs sorting asap. My regular mechanic may or may not still be around - if he isn't I'm going to need to find someone else to help me with that one. Then again, would be good to have a knowledgeable Series bloke handy anyway!

* If I had complete and utter confidence in my abilities (as well as a tall covered space to work in), I'd probably get around to taking the entire engine apart and putting it back together again - but not just yet.. :-) However, there are a few things I still want to check up on. And for that I need to use the engine cleaner I bought, and scrub everything clean. That will probably show up all sorts of lovely oil leaks and give me endless fun on the weekends attempting to minimize them. (The thing about owning a Landy is that you're never bored - there's always something new to do)

* I still have to find a place that will replace the tube in that tyre that deflated. I don't have an option to go over to tubeless (cost!), nor do I want to. Tubes seem the better option generally speaking - unless someone can tell me otherwise.

* I have yet to open the rooftop tent. That should be a day's adventure all it's own!

So my list of to-do's is still lengthy, and bit by bit I'm getting around to it. Although I'd love to be bowling along in the Landy each week, I'd rather know I've sorted out the niggles first. After all, my previous rescuer is no longer available, and it's a long walk home! :-)

No comments: