Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Land(Rover)-scaping

Olivia is parked just below my house - I can see her when I gaze out the window. Although not an official parking area, it's out of the way enough that no-one will bash into her. We have had a few scares with large turning trucks though, and she's due for a move to a safer spot.

Today the garden services blokes were in the area, "trimming the verges". In other words making the edges of fields short and leaving the middle. A sort of brazilian wax for grass if you will.

Unfortunately for them Olivia's standing on a verge. They cut very neatly all around her, but no-one was going underneath! :-) When I drive away there will be a lovely Olivia-shaped patch of long grass, smack-bang in the middle of a well-cut section.

I guess there's more than one way to mark your territory as a Landy.

No comments: