Friday, October 20, 2006

Dreamtime

I dreamt very vividly last night of Olivia. Although they were mere flashes, I took her all over the place - visiting people and driving through scenery that I'm not even sure I yet know.

Yes, she's been on my mind lately, and under my nails yet again. There's always something to check or sort out, and I've learnt never to do it in a white shirt. :-)

I know dreams are a reflection of what's on your mind, and mine have followed only 3 lines of thought for the past few weeks. But dreams can also be an expression of the subconcious wishes and desires that fester below the surface of knowing. They can point the way forward when our brains simply can't figure it out during the day.

So when I dream, I listen. Even when I merely dream of Olivia.

No comments: